Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds (680 grams) of boneless pork shoulder or pork belly, refrigerated or frozen for convenience in slicing\
- ½ of an onion, cut into thin strips
- Green onions (3 stalks) cut into 2-inch (5 cm) chunks
- Three minced garlic cloves
- 1 minced teaspoon of ginger
- A quarter cup of gochujang, a Korean red chili paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (60 mL)
- Rice wine, 3 tbsp
- The equivalent of one tablespoon of sesame oil
- Suggested Measurement: 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Sprinkling of peppercorns, about one teaspoon’s worth
- 1.5 grams of canola oil
- The sprinkling of sesame seeds over rice as a finishing touch before serving
- Very thinly slice the pork and place in a big dish. The pork has to be very cold or perhaps partly frozen for this to work.
- Stir until the pork and veggies are well covered in the marinade, then add everything else except the canola oil and stir again.
- For best results, marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, covered.
- For slightly crispy edges, add the pork to the hot oil and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, being careful to not crowd the pan. A longer cooking time of around 6-7 minutes is required if pork belly is being used.
- Put some sesame seeds on top and serve it over rice!