This low-fat, one-pot dish is perfect for a quick lunch that’s full of summer color and flavor.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 aubergine, sliced into large chunks
- 2 courgettes, cut in half moons
- 3 deseeded and coarsely sliced mixed peppers
- 2 teaspoon rosemary, coarsely chopped, plus 4 tiny sprigs
- 2 smashed large garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 250g halved cherry or baby plum tomato
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the aubergine, courgettes, and peppers in a large roasting pan with half the chopped rosemary, half the garlic, 2 tbsp oil, and some spice. Spread the vegetables in an even layer and roast for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix remaining rosemary, garlic and oil together. Sharply slash each chicken breast 4-5 times, brush with the flavored oil, season, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes after the vegetables have been cooking for 20 minutes. Make slots in the roasting pan for the chicken breasts and nestle them among the veggies. Top each chicken breast with a rosemary sprig. Return the pan to the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the chicken is done and the veggies are gently caramelized. If desired, serve with fresh potatoes.