An simple variation of the Italian rice dish that requires no stirring. The leftovers are also delicious.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 chopped onion
- Risotto rice 300g
- White wine, 100ml (optional, or use more stock)
- 400g chopped tomato from a can
- 500ml vegetable stock 200g frozen roasted pepper
- to serve: a handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped parmesan (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. 6. In an ovenproof pan, heat the oil and cook the onion for a few minutes, or until softened. Turn increase the heat, add the rice, mix, and cook for 1 minute longer. Pour in the wine, if used, and stir until absorbed before adding the tomatoes, peppers, and 400ml stock. Cover and bake for 25 minutes, or until the rice is soft and creamy.
Season with salt and pepper and top with the remaining stock and parsley, if using.