By baking the ingredients instead of frying them, you can give this traditional combo a healthy facelift.
Time required for preparation and cooking
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 800g (1 pound 12 ounces) floury potato, cleaned and cut into chips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g freshly made breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 thick 140g/5oz sustainable white fish fillets
- Cherry tomato, 200g/7oz
Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Pat the chips dry with kitchen paper before arranging them in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 40 minutes, flipping every 20 minutes to ensure consistent cooking.
Season the breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and parsley mixture. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the fish, then drizzle with the remaining oil. Place in a roasting pan with the cherry tomatoes and bake for the last 10 minutes of the chips’ cooking time.