Roast chicken wings with homemade chips and Cajun seasonings for a low-cost midweek meal.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 750g medium potato, chopped into chips
- 1 kilogram of chicken wings
- To serve, a green salad or coleslaw and ketchup
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. In a mixing dish, combine the Cajun spice, vegetable oil, lime zest, and juice. Toss the chips, wings, and Cajun mixture together in batches until evenly covered.
Wrap a large baking sheet with foil, then lay the chips around the outside and the wings in the center. Season and bake for 20 minutes, then flip the chips and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the chips and wings are brown. Serve with a green salad or coleslaw and ketchup.